Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Aspiring Google Innovator

I received the disappointing news yesterday that I was not selected for the February cohort of Google Innovator. Dealing with mixed emotions about this amazing opportunity, I decided to begin by documenting this journey which will hopefully travel down the road to educational greatness.

I have succeeded great lengths in the last 5 years. I completed my second Master's degree in Curriculum Development and Instructional Technology, I was accepted as a Google for Education Certified Trainer, and now I am always trying to put new and innovative ideas into practice in my school district.

I did not always imagine this is where I would be or what I would be passionate about. It is something that I was introduced to and fell in love with. I found that I gained no greater satisfaction then having an idea about integrating technology in education and then watching it become implemented.

My epiphany happened upon my disappointing email. I want to reapply to be a Google Innovator in March and I have to find a way to show my dedication. I have to create the perfect application. I have document my success and failures; to learn from my experience and become better. Hence, my new blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment