Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Women Techmaker Dinner, end of Day 1

I am blown away by the amount of effort and thought put in to this event to promote and encourage women in technology. The dinner was an outside event and every detail was carefully thought through. From the variety of eloquent foods, the decor, the seating, games, and photos all to create a sense of belonging and community.

I went there not knowing a sole and left there with new friends. I met women who develop apps, sell apps, collect data on apps, and women who teach others about developing. I was just trying to absorb it all. I can't wait to share these prospective job outlooks with my students! The theme of the dinner was equality-- go up to someone who doesn't look like you and make a new friend. Love this whole atmosphere!

Check out the pictures below...

There were traditional table and chairs and couches, but I loved this set up!
I wish I took more pictures of the food! 

Check out the giant Jenga game being played by a bunch of women engineers!
Making Friends...





No comments:

Post a Comment